Cyclopam®(Dicyclomine + Paracetamol)
Cyclopam® Tablet is a combination medicine used in the treatment of abdominal pain. It works effectively to reduce abdominal pain and cramps by relaxing the muscles of the stomach and gut. It also blocks certain chemical messengers that cause pain and fever.
Disease(s): Abdominal Pain / Cramps / Fever
What is this product?
Cyclopam Tablet is a combination medicine used in the treatment of abdominal pain. It works effectively to reduce abdominal pain and cramps by relaxing the muscles of the stomach and gut. It also blocks certain chemical messengers that cause pain and fever.
Cyclopam Tablet is taken with or without food in a dose and duration as advised by the doctor. It is better to take it with food to avoid stomach upset. The dose you are given will depend on your condition and how you respond to the medicine. You should keep taking this medicine for as long as your doctor recommends. If you stop treatment too early your symptoms may come back and your condition may worsen. Let your healthcare team know about all other medications you are taking as some may affect, or be affected by this medicine.
The most common side effects are nausea, dryness in the mouth, blurred vision, weakness, and nervousness. Most of these are temporary and usually resolve with time. Contact your doctor straight away if you are at all concerned about any of these side effects. It may also cause sleepiness, so do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you. Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine as it can worsen your sleepiness.
Before taking it, you should tell your doctor if you have any kidney or liver diseases so that your doctor can prescribe a suitable dose for you. You should also tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Benefits of Cyclopam Tablet
In Treatment of Abdominal pain
Cyclopam Tablet effectively relieves sudden muscle spasms or contractions in the stomach and intestine (gut), thereby relaxing the muscles and improving the movement of food. It also blocks chemical messengers in the brain that are responsible for pain sensation. This helps to treat abdominal pain (or stomach pain) as well as cramps, bloating, and discomfort. Take Cyclopam Tablet as prescribed to get maximum benefit. Eventually, it will help you to go about your daily activities more easily and have a more active and better quality of life.
Side effects of Cyclopam Tablet
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common side effects of Cyclopam
- Dryness in mouth
- Blurred vision
How to use Cyclopam Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Cyclopam Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Cyclopam Tablet works
Cyclopam Tablet is a combination of two medicines: dicyclomine and paracetamol, which relieves abdominal pain and cramps. Dicyclomine is an anti-cholinergic which relaxes the muscles in the stomach and gut (intestine). It stops sudden muscle contractions (spasms), thereby relieving cramps, pain, bloating, and discomfort. Paracetamol is an analgesic (pain reliever) which works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain.
- It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Cyclopam Tablet.
- Cyclopam Tablet is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, there are limited human studies.
- Cyclopam Tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
- It is not known whether Cyclopam Tablet alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
- Cyclopam Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Cyclopam Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Cyclopam Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Cyclopam Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor. However, the use of Cyclopam Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease and active liver disease.
What if you forget to take Cyclopam Tablet?
If you miss a dose of Cyclopam Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.